Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our Children are Watching

Our daughter Kali recently had a writing assignment for her literature class.  I have decided to reprint it here, not because it's about me, rather because it's an excellent testimony for the LIFE business.

We have been in business with Orrin and Laurie Woodward since Kali was 5 years old.  Reading this proves to me building our business has been 100% worth it.


When I think of my dad the first thing that comes to mind is inspiring.  Many people, not just me, would think that. He has always been there for me and always gives good advice.


The Lord has used my father in my life in many ways.  As any father, God puts them in your life to teach you right from wrong and how to look at life.  But I think my dad takes it up a notch.  Well, first I think my dad knows more than most dads.  He doesn't just teach us how to live, he teaches us how to think, how to dream, how to make the right choices and the consequences of the wrong choices. He always knows just what to say and when to say it. He shows how a dad should be and what true love looks like with my mom.  What my dad does in his life shows me that you can do anything as long as you work hard and believe in yourself. 


I love my dad.  If I end up half of him, I'll be fine. : ) 




The next time you wonder if what you are doing is the right investment of your time, take a minute to think of the eyes that are watching your actions. We can all spout fancy words on what success is, what striving means and even what character should be.  But when all is said and done, unfortunately a lot more is said than done.  Choose today to be different.  Choose to show those watching eyes what success, striving and character is by your actions.

When Kali was 5 years old, I certainly was not the person she described above.  Over the past 9 years my daughter has witnessed her dad listening, reading and applying what he was learning.  Today, Kali sees the results of that effort and the impact it has on her life.  When I read the lessons my daughter has learned because of the effort, I realize it's priceless.

1 comment:

  1. When I hear or see Marc and Kristine whether it be through CD or Teamcast functions I'm always inspired by their message being conveyed to us. I totally agree with Kali on Marc being a great man not just because being the dad but because the inspiration given all.

    Tim Dwyer
    Centurions Down Under

    ReplyDelete